Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Go Jo Jo Go!

I had another NST (non-stress test, which is just being put on the fetal heart monitor) today. Once again, they said he was responding and doing everything perfectly. When I asked Dr. Powell if they were going to start checking on dilation and effacement she said, "since you are having a c-section, we really don't care!" Hahaha. If anything were to change or if I wanted them to, they would check, but at this point it really doesn't matter. If I go into labor they will go ahead and do a c-section. Dr. Powell said there's just no reason to be invasive or cause any unnecessary stress to me at this point.

I feel good. Ok, not really. I feel tired and really uncomfortable, but mentally, other than tired, I feel good. :) I feel like Josiah is really ok for the first time since Dec 6th.

We have most everything ready. All of his newborn clothes and most of the sheets, blankets and diapers are washed. We still need to install the carseat, but the room is mostly ready. Plus he won't be sleeping in there much to start with anyway. Squeakie has been evicted from the master bedroom and we've stopped letting the cats into the nursery since everything has been washed. Of course one sneaks in for a few minutes every now and then, but mostly they are gone. Christmas is coming and I have so much for which to be grateful. Wonderful friends, amazing family. I'm so glad Mom (Emmy) and Claude (Pop-pop) and Aunt Jenny are spending Christmas here in Durham with us, so we can all be together, comfortably (I hope anyway, for them) and I don't have to travel 3-4 hours to the Outer Banks when Josiah's eviction is imminent.

December 30th, here we come!

No comments:

Post a Comment