Thursday, December 2, 2010

Diastasis Recti

This morning shortly after I was cleaning up some water Huggy knocked off my nightstand my stomach really started hurting. I thought it was some sort of gastrointestinal issue and confused nausea with just lots of pain and went in to see my docs. Turns out, Josiah has split my stomach muscles a bit. It's not rare or life-threatening or anything. Just extremely uncomfy. http://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/ency/article/001602.htm

In other, GOOD, news, Josiah is perfect. They put me on the fetal heart monitor for about 20-30 minutes today and he moved around a lot and his heart rate went up and down, between about 128 and 178. I was, of course, alarmed, considering whenever they doppler me his rate is always mid 150s to low 160s, but that's apparently a slightly different way to measure it. When I asked about his big fluctuations they said it means he's a "REALLY good baby, and we love good babies". :)

Really, I can deal with anything as long as Josiah is ok.

1 comment: